Install Team Viewer 12.0 on Antergos 2016

I am a system administrator who manage many computers and also provide supports to our staffs when they have problems with their computers. We are running 2 offices and one field office in our gold exploration project. Team Viewer has been my best friend for the last few years. I can connect to a computers in other office from my desk, provide help and support to the staffs using Team Viewer.

Our company uses Microsoft Windows for most of the PC and Laptops but we manage a Linux Server as the data storage. I use Linux for my daily use and Team Viewer is always on my list of running program all day long. Today I want to share with you about how to install the latest Team Viewer 12.0 on Antergos Linux. Installing Team Viewer on Antergos is way easier compared to installing Team Viewer on other non Arch based Linux. Thanks to AUR repository who provide the Team Viewer package for Arc Linux and derivatives.

Steps to install Team Viewer 12.0 on Antergos 2016

Step 1. Enable AUR Repository

There are many many software or packages distributed through AUR repository. I highly recommend you to enable AUR repository on Antergos. To enable AUR repository, please read my previous tutorial: http://antergos-tutorial.blogspot.com/2016/11/how-to-enable-aur-repository-on.html

Step 2. Install Team Viewer

You may choose the best way for you to install Team Viewer.

Via Terminal Command

yaourt -S teamviewer

team viewer antergos

After install we need to run the daemon

teamviewer -daemon start

team viewer daemon

Now run Team Viewer

teamviewer antergos


EmoticonEmoticon